[MA-SOC] Apocalypse Wow! (Was: Re: Event Reminder: BRIGHT EYES AT THE APOCALYPSE - Monday 21 January, 8 p.m.)

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 07:23:06 EST 2013

The Japanese have faced many disasters throughout their history.
The devastating 2011 tsunami was not the first such event to have a lasting
impact on their people. Also, for centuries the entire country was torn
apart by almost perpetual civil war during the feuding states era. There
was also the big impact the fire bombings of Tokyo had on the people of
Japan. It was like an apocalypse for them as incendiary bombs dropped from
the sky, burning the city to the ground, and killing thousands. It must
have seemed like the end of the world at the time.