[MA-SOC] Apocalypse Wow! (Was: Re: Event Reminder: BRIGHT EYES AT THE APOCALYPSE - Monday 21 January, 8 p.m.)

TRAN, Si Bang mstchin at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 20:27:40 EST 2013

To:	Anybody, Everybody And Somebody

From:	Maikeru

Date:	2013 January 11 Friday

Subj:	[MA-SOC] Apocalypse Wow!
	    (Was: Re: Event Reminder: BRIGHT EYES AT THE
	    APOCALYPSE - Monday 21 January, 8 p.m.)

Hello Everyone:

	Having drawn nearly the same conclusions, well over
twenty years ago, for a paper on a related and similar topic,
for a course, I, now, agree with critics, that blaming Japanese
Apocalypticism and the Post-Apocalypticism on the National
experience with the two fission bombings is simplistic and weak.

	One merely has to look at the Rapture and the "Left
Behind" films and literature, Michelango's "The Last Judgement"
or think about 2011 May 21 Saturday, 2011 October 21 Friday and
2012 December 21 Friday, to realize that fascination with the
Apocalyptic and the Post-Apocalyptic is not limited to Japan nor
Japanese.

	Any society undergoing prolonged or protracted turmoil
experiences an increase in interests in Apocalypticism and
Post-Apocalypticism.  Recall the Social, Political and Economic
upheavals and insecurities of the late 1960s and 1970s, in the
United States?  Remember the movies, *Rosemary's Baby*, *Omega
Man*, *Soylent Green*, *Planet Of The Apes*, *Empire Of The
Ants*, *Food Of The Gods*, *The Omen* and the like?

	I do not disregard Japan's experience with the fission
bombings of Hiroshima-shi and Nagasaki-shi as factors with
Japanese Apocalypticism and Post-Apocalypticism and Japanese
fascination with them.  However, the questions are how big a
factor are the fission bombings?  And are the fission bombings
the leading factor?

	There are many factors in Japanese Apocalypticism and
Japanese Post-Apocalypticism and Japanese fascination with the
Apocalyptic and the Post-Apocalyptic.

				Sincerely,

				Maikeru

				(^_^)