[MA-SOC] Metro Games meetup Sat. Apr 16 - call for games!

Jill Sophia viaparva at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:36:22 EDT 2011

I have a Jomo Karuta deck and a Hanafuda deck, and am expecting an
inexpensive Yut Nori set to arrive from South Korea (via eBay) sometime
soon.... haven't a clue on how to play any of 'em, but I know there are
instructions available on several sites, and if I send out some links
perhaps we can figure them all out together.  I can also print some of them
out -- and I assume there's a non-zero probability that at least a few of us
are familiar with one or all of those games.

My all-time fav board game, and the one about which I feel most confident,
is Scrabble.  While our own Scrabble board was demolished by time, wear, and
chaos -- Richard uses a Scrabble PC program and I'm still hurting from the
demise of Scrabulous -- if you put me anywhere near a Scrabble board I will
turn back into an avid player.  So if there's anyone with a Scrabble set
here, count me in for that.

And as Disa knows, I am eager to learn Shogi, Mah Jongg, and Go (tried that
last one before but didn't have time to practice).  Can't wait to get this
show on the road!

~ Jill ~

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT