[MA-SOC] Moe List

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 14:26:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Brian Jensen <transformers217 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I ask ya'll something? Did "Evangelion" save the anime industry? Because as a fan of the anime, I find that particular statement to be full of unnecessary hyperbole.

I didn't know the anime industry needed saving back then.  I'd say EVA
evolved the anime industry more than anything by introducing fresh new
ideas into an aging genre; giant robot anime.  It was a disruptive
influence which helped shape future series.  Also, Lucky Star for
instance, which parodies anime, Japanese pop culture and games, can
thank Martian Successor Nadesico which many say parodies EVA.  Lucky
Star was likely the inspiration for Seitokai no Ichizon, which
parodies anime, games, and Japanese pop culture also.  I'm watching it
now and its roll-on-the-floor hilarious.  Nadesico was yet another
disruptive influence which effected positive change on the anime
landscape.

In many ways you could also argue that SDF Macross, most certainly
Urusei Yatsura, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Pokemon were all
disruptive influences which helped shape future anime series.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts