[MA-SOC] Anyone heard of SAINT TAIL?

Charles Feldmeth crfeldmeth at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 03:49:21 EST 2009

I've heard of it and it is listed in the Anime Encyclopedia and other sources.  Basically, it's about a girl who turns into "Saint Tail" (by yelling "It's Showtime!") in order to steal stolen property back from the theives and return it to the rightful owner with the help of her best friend who is a novice nun.  The nun hears confessions from crooks and then gives Meimi the information (!).  The police do not approve of her methods and one of the people after her is a boy in her class who is the son of the Chief of police (and, of course, is in love with her.  It ran for a total of 43 episodes.  It was a rare DVD license by Tokyopop so is probably out of print.
                                Charlie F.