[MA-SOC] Chitose Hajime - lovely voice, unique style!

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 20:02:03 EST 2009

This was one of my "recommendations" on YouTube, and I decided  to check it
out.  I'd never heard the song, nor had I heard of Chitose  Hajime before.

Her style is unique, distinguished by a  poignant little catch in her voice
that she uses  with delicately ornamental flair.  (I understand this style is
characteristic of her birthplace Amami Oshima, a small island off the south
coast of Kyushu.)

This sweet, gentle song has a melody similar to "My Heart Will  Go On", and
the video is pretty too -- listen, and you'll want to hear more  from
Hajime-san, as I do:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTzGUIFq3cc_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTzGUIFq3cc)

Enjoy,