[MA-SOC] "Tomodachi" - rare live performance by Kyu Sakamoto

Serdar Yegulalp serdar at genjipress.com
Thu Dec 10 20:28:43 EST 2009

Very sweet indeed!

The plane crash in question, btw, was the infamous JAL Flight 123
disaster, which claimed 520 lives including his.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

On a vaguely related note, I was watching "Wandering Ginza Butterfly"
the other night - a Meiko Kaji gangster/yakuza movie - and none other
than Hiroshi Itsuki (the "Japanese Sinatra", as the NY Times once called
him) shows up for a brief cameo.

And while I'm thinking about it, I've been curious about picking up
something from Shigeru Izumiya's discography, but I'm not sure where to
start. Any pointers are welcome.