[MA-SOC] A bit off topic: Confirmed, the King of Pop helped produce music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Sean Su sean.su at sean.su
Sun Dec 6 20:47:02 EST 2009

Remember I used to say I was super-devout? Yeah I didn't believe one should
pick and choose from the bible. Sadly that's what led me away from it.

Slavery of those not in my tribe, inequality for other races, women being
lesser beings, stoning, murder. All that was okay in the good book. Why
Jesus said himself in Matthew 5:17, "Do not think that I came to abolish the
law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill". The Law is
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, and the Prophets were
Joshua, Judges, Samuel I & II, Kings I & II, Isiaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and
the 12 Minor Prophets. So those dismissing the Old Testament  were insulting
the church and the bible that was written with the influence of God. Jesus
mentions a few times that he has come to fulfill the Old Testament so seeing
all these people willingly ignore it made me angry.

Yes there are people who are anti-gays but then ignore the passage earlier
about Tattoos, about wearing clothes woven of two different fibers, about
when slavery was okay, and when killing your son for being unruly was
necessary. Suffice to say I was an excellent and well-mannered Asian boy. It
was literally news when the first curse was muttered by me in the 7th grade
and kids came from other tables to witness the 'miracle'. I didn't spend my
sabbath reading the entire bible cover to cover just to be selective about
it.

Thats when I started realizing that the church was really lax and did not
follow its own principles in the book it called holy and that resulting in
an awesome light-saber battle and here we are today, changed (cannibalism).

So now I happen to believe that equal rights should apply to everyone
regardless of race, creed, or religion. When we start discriminating or
dictating these things sooner or later it'll come around and dictate you.
Lets not forget that churches once dictated how even heterosexuals had to
have sex, some positions were forbidden, and even put on little torture
devices against little boys including very medieval anti-masturbation and
erection torture devices that was like a jock strap with internal danger
spikes.

If you anyone wants to go back to that, feel free, but I ain't wearing one
anymore.

~Sean