[MA-SOC] Important: If You Are a Gamer You Must Read This - Not Spam

Rob Kohr kohrtoons at me.com
Thu Oct 23 10:42:58 EDT 2008

Every industry needs their own professional conferences.  While I feel that E3 could be open to the public I fear that if it does it will dilute the offerings into more of a fan fest than an actual professional conference.  Case in point, animation festivals have a very different feel than anime festivals, even ones that feature asian animation.  The key difference is the use of a market place. The animation festivals are more about the art of the film and meeting the directors and creators of the shows.  E3 could also be made public but it would need to keep a level of professionalism and not descend into a market place.

Rob Kohr [animator]
:: kohrtoons.com ::