[MA-SOC] Permanent Neoteny: Animation And Japanese Empire

saihitei at earthlink.net saihitei at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 23 09:49:40 EDT 2008

I had to look up the definition of "neoteny":

1 : retention of some larval or immature characters in adulthood
2 : attainment of sexual maturity during the larval stage
(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Neoteny)

Anyway, Prof. Lamarre's subject area sounds interesting, and I've found a few more books to add to my too-long wishlist on LibraryThing (here's his info from McGill Univ. - http://people.mcgill.ca/thomas.lamarre/ )

I'm not sure yet if I'll go to the lecture.  I'd have to leave work early, and I'm already taking time off next week and the following week.

--Angela