[MA-SOC] Thanks everyone! [WAS Re: OT: Insidious new type of spam by hackers....]

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 12:02:16 EDT 2008

Mina-san,

Thanks to all of you for assuaging my fears.  That AOL rep obviously  didn't
know what he was talking about.  I've changed my password anyway  (and will do
so more often in the future) just to be safe, but it's good to know  that my
personal info has not been jeopardized.

FYI, I'm not the one here who is "married" to AOL.  I've been asking  my
husband to switch for literally years, but he tends to fear change in general  and
flatly refuses every time I bring up the subject.  And since he's the  one
who owns (and pays for) our household's online account, I've pretty much  given
up on trying to talk to him about it.

For what it's worth, I've forwarded him some of your comments about  AOL's
flaws -- probably an exercise in futility, but what the hell....  :-P

Your Burukkurin buddy,
The Jillster

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS  ADERIT