[MA-SOC] OT: Insidious new type of spam by hackers - please be careful!

Rob Kohr kohrtoons at me.com
Wed Oct 15 08:41:22 EDT 2008

I don't know what happened here as I am coming in late on this chain.
I have a web server and I always have clients calling me about that
type of spam, it doesn't  come from you, it's from field was modified
to look like it came from within your ISP to prevent it from being
blocked.

AOL is a pain as well if you send a message to someone on aol, and you
have your own domain, AOL will randomly decide to block some messages
from you. It's hard to explain to clients that it's AOL and not me.
Switch to something like Gmail. If you don't like the interface use an
IMAP client like Thunderbird or Outlook.

Rob Kohr [animator]
:: kohrtoons.com ::