[MA-SOC] TASTE OF TEA - For Danielle [WAS Re: AnimeNext Schedule is online]

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 21:19:15 EDT 2008

Danielle-chan,

I saw the first half of TASTE OF TEA at an International Center screening
hosted by Maikeru-san.  It had to be shown in two parts due to length, and
unfortunately I had another appointment the following week.

It is a quirky slice-of-life comedy-drama about an eccentric  family in rural
Japan, and the equally eccentric characters around them.   Of course I've
only seen half of it, but from what I saw it seems to be a mixed  bag.  Some of
the characters are enchanting -- particularly the strange,  imaginative little
girl and the handsome, artistic underachiever (played by  the perennially
fascinating Asano Tadanobu, one of my favorite  big-screen bishies).  But certain
scenes seem to drag out interminably to  no purpose, and the lack of focus is
often downright annoying.  Still, for  all I know, it may pick up in the
second half, so if I were you I'd give it a  try.

BTW, I tried to contact you via individual e-mail twice since Sunday, but
received no reply.  I'm glad to see you posting to the list, because I was
worried that something was wrong.  If you get the chance, do e-mail me
individually before A-Next so we can make arrangements about meeting (either on  the bus
or at the hotel), etc.

Hugs & blessings from your Burukkurin buddy,
Jill

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT
("Bidden or not bidden, God is  present")

In a message dated 6/10/2008 8:05:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,