[MA-SOC] Announcing Jill's 5th Annual Alzheimer's Memory Walk!

Jill Fein Oneirophile at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 06:22:41 EDT 2008

* BE A SAMURAI IN THE BATTLE AGAINST ALZHEIMER'S *

Mina-san

Yep, gang, it's that time again.... time to join in the battle against Alzheimer's by sponsoring Yours Truly in the Alzheimer's Association NYC Chapter's Memory Walk 2008!  I've already e-mailed this announcement to some of you individually, but I wanted to spread the word to as many of my fellow MA'ers as possible by posting this message to the list.

Today an estimated 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease.  And with 78 million baby boomers approaching the age of greatest risk for this fatal disease, the need to find a cure is more urgent than ever.

Of course, Alzheimer's isn't just a problem for the elderly, it's a problem for all of us.  I'm sure every one of you knows at least one person - perhaps even a loved one - whose life has been affected by its ravages.  Alzheimer's does not choose its victims by race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, or even age.... people as young as their 20s or 30s have been diagnosed with this devastating condition.

This year, as I have done every year since 2004, I plan to support individuals and families living with the disease – as well as those who may be affected in the future – by participating in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk® to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer’s disease.

The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research, and funds I raise will go directly toward supporting their efforts.

I know I can make a difference with your support. No matter how big or small your donation, every little bit counts.  It’s easy to give online by following the link below.

Thank you in advance, and bless you, for your time and generosity – together, we can march to victory against Alzheimer's in our lifetime!

Your grateful Burukkurin buddy,

The Jillster

Login to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Alzheimer's Association New York City Chapter

Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:

http://nycMW08.kintera.org/jillsophia?faf=1&e=1787231686

Jill Fein