[MA-SOC] Funi stages a coup + Ouran Host Club cast

Mandisa Washington mandisaw at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 4 16:04:14 EDT 2008

So, Funimation pulled a "Michael Corleone"-maneuver and (a) secured a deal
to sell & distribute several of Geneon's "orphans", and (b) secured full
licenses to a decent chunk of ADV's recent/upcoming catalog. The ANN
articles give detailed lists of which series are affected by this change:

ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-07-03/funimation-agrees-to-distrib
ute-select-geneon-titles
ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-07-04/funimation-picks-up-over-30-
former-ad-vision-titles

Looks like those digital-reissues of Dragonball, Cartoon Network
broadcasts, high-quality dubs (and better long-term business decisions,
IMO) really do pay off in the end. History does tell us to let the "big
guys" fight it out and waste resources, and then just eliminate your
weakened opponents to seize the day. I guess the business types at
Funimation actually *watched* Dragonball Z. (Cell saga joke... sorry)

And in other news, here's the dub cast for Ouran H.S. Host Club
(ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6122):

# Haruhi - Caitlin Glass (also directing)
# Tamaki - Vic Mignogna
# Kyoya - J. Michael Tatum
# Hunny - Luci Christian
# Hikaru - Todd Haberkorn
# Kaoru - Greg Ayres
# Mori - Travis Willingham

Look 'em up if you don't know 'em already. All I can say is, if you thought
Ouran was funny in Japanese...

Ciao & have a happy holiday,
Mandisa