[MA-SOC] Megumi Hayashibara in Final Fantasy: Dissidia

ralphyoung at optonline.net ralphyoung at optonline.net
Sun Dec 28 23:43:29 EST 2008

Square Enix recently released a PSP fighting game called Final Fantasy: Dissidia in Japan (not English-localized yet).  It basically takes a main protagonist and boss villain from each of Final Fantasy I through X and have them duke it out in single combat.  As both an anime fan and a former Final Fantasy XI gamer I laughed when I discovered that Megumi Hayashibara did voice work for it, playing Shantotto, one of the coolest FFXI NPCs, who appears as a special unlockable bonus character.  Really, who else would you call to voice a cute, midgety female spellcaster who nukes the bejeezus out of everything with black magic while laughing like a maniac? You can hear a bit of the Lina Inverse in Shantotto, especially in her victory cackle after unleashing her version of Dragon Slave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCy1xevi2ZI