[MA-SOC] Korean Dramas on DVD

Mandisa Washington mandisaw at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 09:43:28 EST 2008

YesAsia is good for lots of stuff (DVDs, CDs, VGames), but sometimes for
the import stuff they beat you pretty hard on the exchange rate. I was
interested in the YA Entertainment RightStuf sale but I think you have to
"retro-translate" the English series titles back to CJK-form to find info
on them online and see if they're any good.  (I can't buy anything right
now though, so I haven't tried.)

Has any company started releasing English-subbed versions of J-Dramas yet?
I've noticed Viz & Funimation (and Media Blasters, I think) dipping their
toes into live-action movies, but anyone heard of them releasing TV shows?
It'd be nice if this stuff made it to Netflix...

Mandisa