[MA-SOC] Excellent (and cheap) J-study aids from Japan Shop

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 21:49:22 EST 2008

Mina-san,

Clay & Yumi's Japan Shop -- one of my fav online  J-learning merchants -- is
once again offering some of their best *inexpensive*  study aids for those of
you who are in the process of learning  Nihongo.

When I first began to learn hiragana and katakana, I  picked up the Japan
Shop's wonderful Hiragana / Katakana Shitajiki.  A  shitajiki is a flexible
plastic sheet that Japanese students use as a  backup when writing on paper, and
this particular shitajiki has a complete,  colorful chart of hiragana and
katakana, including stroke order and romaji  equivalents.  This inexpensive item
proved to be so useful that I  ended up purchasing extra ones for a couple of my
classmates -- and so durable  that I still have mine, often using it as a
quick-reference tool when writing  kana.  You can get yours for a mere $2.50 plus
shipping:

_http://tinyurl.com/7nqem4_ (http://tinyurl.com/7nqem4)

Another item that I  absolutely-positively-couldn't-live-without when first
learning kana, was the  Japan Shop's own exclusive HIRAGANA! booklet.... a neat
little workbook  filled with memory aids, easy games, and user-friendly
lessons in that writing  system.  When I purchased mine back in 2004, it was a
physical booklet sent  by snailmail.  But the new version's even better -- it's an
instant PDF  download that comes with perks such as printable flashcards and
posters  (including one for katakana).  All these downloadable goodies, for
just 5 bucks:

_http://tinyurl.com/8fj3sn_ (http://tinyurl.com/8fj3sn)

Japan Shop offers several other instant downloads  -- entertaining printable
learning packages for beginners and up for $5  apiece.  Check them out and
enjoy!

Your Burukkurin buddy,
Jill

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS  ADERIT