[MA-SOC] Reni-chan!!! (including links)

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Sun Dec 21 23:39:12 EST 2008

Mina-san,

If you were at Maui Tacos today, then you already know  about up-and-coming
J-pop idol Reni-chan, who graced us with her charming  presence at the
screening.  If you weren't there, then here's what you  missed:

Reni-chan is a petite, adorable, multitalented  singer & dancer, with a
radiant smile and a sweet, sparkling  personality.  She also happens to be an avid
anime fan (Miyazaki  is her favorite) and an expert cosplayer.  She has been
in  Japanese films, has a CD released in Japan, and stars in a dynamic,
sensuous rock video of her most recent song which we had the privilege of  viewing
at the screening.

With the help of her agent Satoshi and MA translator Noah  Treen, Reni-chan
-- looking ultra-kawaii in a frilly, flirty maid  costume -- gave us a
delightful in-person interview in which she answered  numerous questions about her
career and interests, and then graciously asked  *us* what anime songs we would
like to hear her sing in the future.  She  also treated us to an impromptu live
performance of a very cute song from the  "Urusei Yatsura" series.

Reni has been living in NYC for just four months, and would  like to break
into the music scene here.  According to Satoshi, Reni will  be featured in a
karaoke show soon, and will hopefully be performing at some  upcoming anime cons
as well.  Satoshi has promised to keep us informed  about Reni's schedule of
performances, and in the meantime you can follow her  career at these sites:

Reni-chan's LiveDoor blog -- in English and  Japanese:

_http://blog.livedoor.jp/renichan_ (http://blog.livedoor.jp/renichan/) /

Reni-chan's MySpace page:

_http://www.myspace.com/renichan_ (http://www.myspace.com/renichan)

Samples of Reni-chan's music at the Garage Band  site:

_http://www.garageband.com/artist/reni_
(http://www.garageband.com/artist/reni)

Reni-chan's very own Google group:

_http://groups.google.com/group/reni_ (http://groups.google.com/group/reni)

Please check out these links, and spread the word to all the  J-pop fans you
know.  We MA'ers are privileged to be among the first New  Yorkers to know
about Reni-chan's enchanting talents, and we look  forward to offering her our
support as fans *and* friends while she expands her  performing career in the
U.S.

Your Burukkurin buddy and brand-new Renifan,
Jill

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS  ADERIT
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.