[MA-SOC] 9 August: The Met, Mitsuwa, and Kinokuniya [WAS: Met and Kinokuniya Bookstore]

Clyde Adams III clydesan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:23:59 EDT 2008

Folks, when talking about events, it helps to spell things out,
give relevant details, and make sure the details are right.

Barbara mentioned the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art).
Hello Kitty mentions the Met Summer Feast, but there is no such thing;
I believe she means the Mitsuwa Summer Festival.

3 activities have been suggested for Sunday 09 August:

1. Barbara was referring to Vinny's suggestion of going to
the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art) on Sunday 02 August or 09 August
to see special exhibits that are closing soon.
The exhibit closing soonest (09 August is the last day) is on Chinese
painting.
Special exhibitions page is here: http://www.metmuseum.org/special/
Sunday hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.

2. There's a Summer Festival at Mitsuwa Japanese shopping center
in Edgewater New Jersey on Sunday 09 August from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Mitsuwa Summer Festival page here:
http://mitsuwanj.com/en/dealnews/special.htm

As Willow says, she is organizing an anime fan meetup to go to the Mitsuwa
Summer Festival.
Willow's anime meetup details here:
http://anime.meetup.com/12/calendar/8442388/
She plans to meet at Port Authority at noon, take a 12:30 bus, and get to
Mitsuwa about 1:00.

3. Anime producer Nunokawa appears at the midtown Kinokuniya bookstore
at 4:00 PM Sunday 09 August.
Details are on my site.

It doesn't seem practical to do all 3 things the same day.

Personally, I think I'd like to try to go to the Mitsuwa Summer Festival,
and then get to Kinokuniya well in advance of the event there.
That means I want to go to Mitsuwa earlier than Willow goes.

(If I understand her correctly, it sounds like Willow is not planning to go
to the Kinokuniya event.)

Clyde
New York City Anime: Events, clubs, shops, and more
http://nyc-anime.com/