[MA-SOC] Fansubbers are evil! Oh hell yeah....well maybe....but not exactly

Mandisa Washington mandisaw at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 27 10:52:55 EST 2007

>FYI, Dubs always outsold subs on a 4 to 1 ratio.  Americans don't like to read.

Keep in mind that back in the days of VHS, most stores that even offered anime only sold/rented dubs, or only had a handful of sub tapes in the entire section. And cases of bad editing/acting aside, the majority of dubs today are quite watchable, and a good few are exceptional.

And of course, a professionally-made English dub adaptation is one of the big things that distinguishes the commercial companies from every fansubber production. Personally, even if I've seen a show in its entirety as a fansub, I'll still at least rent the commercial release if it got a good dub. Sometimes it can make a world of difference in a viewer's interpretation.

Don't be so cavalier in dismissing a large proportion of your fellow fans out of ignorance. It's not exactly "fan-friendly", y'know?

Mandisa