[MA-SOC] Golden Compass (was - BEOWULF, anyone?)

saihitei at earthlink.net saihitei at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 22:53:24 EST 2007

>From the posters I've seen (still have yet to see a commercial... but I guess they don't run them on Bravo, HGTV or Food Network) they're pushing it as "Litte girl with huge armored polar bear.  Oh yeah, Nicole Kidman and the latest James Bond are in it too."

There *was* a 9th-hour edit.  In the interest of keeping the movie focused on Lyra and her world, they've cut the action from the last three chapters of the book out, and will include that part of the story with the 2nd film.  I actually don't think that's a bad idea, especially since the 2nd book was the shortest of the trilogy.

--Angela