[MA-SOC] NYAF Schedule Online

saihitei at earthlink.net saihitei at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 11 18:35:52 EST 2007

I agree about the conflicting panel options.  But having too many choices is *much* better than having little or no choice, which used to be the case at many conventions.  However, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the programming at NYAF.  A lot of it looks too similar to the programming at AnimeNext and MangaNext.

I would have liked to attend the Samurai and the Woodblock Prints panels, but they're on Sunday, and I'll only be at NYAF on Saturday.  It would have been interesting to hear an expert on Japanese film speak about one of my favorite art history subjects.

Meeting for lunch is tricky when there is nonstop programming.  I would think meeting for dinner would be easier.  My choice for a dinner gathering would be for Saturday night.  Preferably somewhere away from the Times Square or 34th Street areas.

--Angela