[MA-SOC] NYAF Schedule Online

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Sun Nov 11 14:10:59 EST 2007

OMG, that's what I call "an embarrassment of riches"!  Amazing lineup  of
panels, with an impressive spectrum of topics, including enough  traditional
J-culture to keep this Metoro Okaasan very, very happy.

But it's also a bit cruel.  Who's the sadist who scheduled Avatar  the Last
Airbender, Symbolism in Anime, and Ninja panels at the same  time?  Why oh why
is the Translation Roundtable pitted against Anime  Outtakes?  And what makes
these guys think J-horror fans wouldn't enjoy the  standup comedy of Uncle Yo?
 *sigh*  Unfair, unfair, unfair!   (Wouldn't it be lovely if we could record
simultaneous real-life events the  way we record simultaneous TV shows?)

Well, folks, we've still got nearly 4 weeks to make up our minds.   Meantime,
if anyone here feels drawn to any of the above panels -- or plans to  attend
the Kabuki, Woodblock Prints, or Samurai panels -- let me know and maybe  we
can arrange to meet at those events.

(And now might also be a good time to start discussing a lunch or  dinner
get-together for Metro Anime NYAF attendees.  What do you  think?)

~ Burukkurin no Jiru ~

***  NYConchords - the group for FOTC fans in the Big Apple and beyond! ***
_http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYConchords/_

VOCATUS ATQUE NON  VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT