[MA-SOC] fan-dating and dating meet-ups at cons

Ofer Hirsch Gill oferhirsch.gill at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 21:11:34 EST 2007

Rich, Rob,

I ain't the bar type guy. If anything, cafes are more my style. (Props to my
sister for getting me interested in cafes...) I love my video games to
death, but I realize it won't get me a date (no matter how much fun virtual
dating gets in Feel the Magic or Sprung for the DS). Video games and anime
and whatnot have been my escape when I didn't get along with my classmates
(which was most of my grade-school years, plus a good chunk of high school
and college). They're there, easily available for short amounts of time, or
long hours, whichever you like. A video game doesn't judge you for saying
the wrong things (but a girlfriend WILL).

The problem is, I can't just interrupt some cute woman with glasses at the
cafe, reading her book while sipping her coffee, and go "Hi, I'm Ofer, do
you live around here?" I'll appear like some creep. OK, enough posts for one
day... Time to go back to hiding away from human beings with my anime and
video games...

- Ofer