[MA-SOC] fan-dating and dating meet-ups at cons

Ofer Hirsch Gill oferhirsch.gill at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 17:51:31 EST 2007

Zoh, That's a great idea! Nothing wrong with meeting up with people you'd
otherwise be uncomfortable talking to... (And knowing I'm not talking to
someone underage is another bonus.) Oh yeah, and what is Katsucon? I've
heard of it, but know nothing about it...

Vinny, you're ex experience sounds rough. My memory of dating is slowly
returning and... I recall dating someone similar to your ex. Miss
My-Way-or-Nothing was plain aggravating and boring. I'd have probably
turning into a looney bin freak if I was still dating her. (Note to self:
Make your expectations clear at an early point in the relationship, and
don't be afraid to breakup if she pushes your limits too far. It'll save
trouble for the both of you later on in life.) Still no memory recollection
of how I met her or initially got her interested in me, though perhaps
that's a memory I'm better off not recalling...

Rob, sounds like excellent advice to balance your time and interests with
hers. Who knows? Maybe I could get interested in something else from
spending time with her!!! However, my biggest trouble at the moment is how
to meet this person in the first place... I could be the perfect man for
someone, but what good is it if I have no means of meeting up with her? For
now, I'll take my problems one at a time...

- Ofer