[MA-SOC] Semi O/T: Learning Japanese Re: MIT's OpenCourseWare has Japanese...

Serdar Yegulalp thegline at optonline.net
Wed Jan 10 12:27:04 EST 2007

> Thanks for mentioning that, Serdar! I'm the one who
> semi-recently mentioned learning Japanese. I ended up
> joining the Japan Society & signing up for their
> beginner's class & two workshops that will give me a
> leg up on the class.
>
> With the membership, the class comes out to $10/hour
> for 37 hours. Which is a great bargain!
>
> I'm very excited about learning Japanese, since I've
> wanted to do this for years!

Let me know how it works out? I've got a sort-of working knowledge of Japanese that's been cobbled together from back issues of "Mangajin" (I'm hanging onto my copies for dear life, they're apparently dead scarce) and a bunch of other semi-official sources.  I can read, but my aural comprehension is pretty terrible.  So anything that I could latch onto that might help is worth repeating here!

* * * * *
Serdar Yegulalp
thegline at optonline.net

My problems have become social rather than musical.
  -- John Cage, composer