[MA-SOC] OT:prepaid cell phones

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 17:13:08 EST 2007

Alex Miller wrote:
> ooops!! I tried to post an image of what a Nokia 6030 phone looks like in the T-Mobile To Go prepaid plastic blister pack that you might find at CVS, J&R, Walgreens, etc....  it should be under $40.
>
> The T-Mobile web site currently has two prepaid phones for $39.99 and they come with a $25 airtime credit.
>
> The AT&T Go phone program looks similar but they add on $1.00/day each day you use the phone in addition to their $0.10/minute plan otherwise you pay $0.25/minute. AT&T has a Go phone on their web site for $9.99 that comes with $10 of airtime.

I use Virgin Mobile which works anywhere the Sprint does since the
service piggy-backs off their network.  They have pre-paid plans where
you can add extra time via a Top-Up card or via a credit card.  There
are also no-contract monthly services giving you a certain number of
minutes for each plus free nights and weekends.  Calls are usually .10
cents a minute and text messages are .10 cents.  Phone prices range
between $20 to over $100 depending on features like MP3 playback,
cameras, and Instant Messengering.  There is a monthly $6 surcharge for
the prepaid phones and to keep them activated you need to Top-Up once a
month with a minimum of $20.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com