[MA-SOC] Virginia Tech Tragic Event this morning

Richard Fung aoshi00 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:45:20 EDT 2007

Well, just how do the other modern democratic countries do it?  It seems
Americans do not want to part w/ their guns no matter what the cost.  You
don't hear common citizens around the world complaining not being able to
carry a gun right.  I can't fathom what I would need a gun for, unless I
want to do something criminal.  What are the chances one really needs a gun
to defend their own life.  If you're scared of your redneck neighbor's rifle
and feel safer and compelled to carry your own, wouldn't that easily turn
into a shoot-out, I think it's a vicious cycle.  Actually this image is even
scarier, everyone and anyone could just turning into a cowboy.

And come on guys, don't use dictators hell bent on eradicating a tribe as an
example, those are a litte extreme.

Actually now that I think about it, I know what crazy people do in Hong Kong
when they go berserk and flee and institution, they go out on the street,
waving a knife and scream "I'm gonna cut you".. I remember those crazies :)

Rich