[MA-SOC] NYC Obon Festival

Richard Fung aoshi00 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:36:42 EDT 2007

Protoculture and Animerica (they still around?) were from back in the days,
they were good at the very beginning when internet wasn't around and sources
were scarce.  Nowadays magazines are pretty much not needed, at least for
the introduction of the latest shows, since one could watch it on the same
day.

The Eng. Newtype started a couple of years ago, but after several issues I
was greatly disappointed since I thought it would be a word to word
translation of the Jpn counterpart.  I still have like 30-40 sealed issues
of the US. Newtype stacked somewhere , I don't know why I subscribed to them
before.

Back in the early 90's I read Animage, Animedia, and soetimes Newtype.  Now
we have frequently updated official websites for every anime/drama on air
(often interviews w/ seiyuu too), so...

I liked some contributors from Animerica Extra (forgot what's the new shoujo
title) back then.

Rich