[MA-SOC] [Fwd: [amv] ADV Buys Animesuki website]

Danny Minhas sejiro at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 11:04:45 EDT 2007

HAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

April Fools!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I can't believe you fell for it

DJ Ranma S <ranma at djranmas.net> wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:  [amv] ADV Buys Animesuki website
Date:  Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:08:05 -0000
From:  Dan Milliken
To:  amv at yahoogroups.com

HOUSTON, April 1, 2007

A.D. Vision, Inc. purchases Internet portal sites 4chan.org and
Animesuki.com. The move further increases their subscription base and
is being hailed as the anime industry equivalent of the myspace.com
purchase News Corp made in 2005.

A.D. Vision, Inc. will make minor content changes to both sites to
bring them in line with corporate policies and to create synergy
between content in the print publication Newtype USA, the ADV Films
label, and the Anime Network. CEO John Ledford states, "What we seek
to gain from this is a tenfold increase in our viewership. The 4chan
site will be switched to a .com domain and will become the pre-eminent
place for anime fans to hang out socially and to showcase their
fanart. The Animesuki site will remain mostly a forum based site
which we can offload Newtype USA, ADV Films, and Anime Network based
discussion forums onto while maintaining the popular general anime
discussions the site currently offers. The media download content of
both sites will be switched to redirect to the ADV Films website
podcasts and bittorrents download section. By making ADV Films content
availble to 4chan and Animesuki subscribers we will be able to expose
our online programming to a much wider audience and at the same time
offer a place for anime fans to discuss our ADV Films DVD libray and
our Anime Network programming."

A.D. Vision, Inc., encompasses a multitude of complementary media
divisions, spanning publishing, television, licensing and
merchandising and continues to expand into new areas. Its Anime
Network is America's #1 Anime Channel reaching more than 40 million
households. It is the nation's top video-on-demand (VOD) offering as
well as a 24/7 linear cable channel and is the first television
network dedicated to bringing anime and anime-related programming to
consumers nationwide. The company has two publishing arms: Newtype
USA, the premier anime and manga monthly magazine, and ADV Manga,
dedicated to publishing graphic novels. ADV Films has become the #1
producer-distributor of Japanese animation (anime) outside of Japan
and has the largest English-language anime library in the world. With
best-selling titles such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, RahXephon,
Robotech, Full Metal Panic, Hello Kitty and Azumanga Daioh, ADV Films'
extensive catalog is fueling the popularity of anime around the globe.
Headquartered in Houston, the company has offices in Europe and
Japan. For more information, visit www.advfilms.com

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic

(1) Reply (via web post)

| Start a new topic

Messages

| Links

| Database

| Polls

| Calendar

Yahoo! Groups

Change settings via the Web

(Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest

Switch format to Traditional

Visit Your Group

| Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use  |
Unsubscribe