[MA-SOC] Fans want Manga Movies

Richard Fung aoshi00 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:47:46 EST 2006

Thanks for posting the news Dan,.

Yes, two movies for "Death Note" will be made, the first one coming out in
Japan this summer.  When I first read this manga, I thought the premise is
just begging for a live action movie (suspense thriller).  Imagine the
creepy live action Yagami Light vs. L (and CG Ryuk), gives me goosebumps.

It's funny most of the Jpn populace still wants to see DBZ being made by
Hollywood, I'm sure the Kamahameha and the flying effects (think Matrix
Revolution) would no doubt look good, but the characters, think about those
Goku cosplayers in anime con ^^..

Nana is a movie in Japan alrdy, wonder why they would want to see an
American one.. The live action movies of "Prince of Tennis" and "Honey &
Clover" will be out later this year, I'm especially looking forward to the
latter one being a HachiKuro fan, maybe they would cast a 4 ft girl to play
Hagu :)?

Rich