[MA-SOC] Identify this game please!

Richard Fung aoshi00 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 01:23:48 EDT 2006

Dang, you finished the game?  I'm pressing the cowboy guy Zaimon now (think
his name is Marshall in Eng, how approriate).  Wonder if I still a long ways
to go.

Tell me about it, the video is pretty annoying to say the least, w/ the
ice-cream truck music :)

I don't know about Singapore's conviction rate, but in Japan, defendants are
almost always found guilty, so it's way better to be a prosecutor than a
defense attorney, both in terms of pay and status.  I only know the law is
very strict in Singapore, instead of paying a hefty fine, I think they
actually banned chewing if I remember correctly, that's why their streets
are some of the cleanest in the world.  The reason I know this is because
before my family and I moved to the U.S., our other option was Singapore
(they sent us some videos and all).  I guess it's nice to live there (only
well educated people who have good jobs are allowed to immigrate there), but
the extremely strict law sounds way too oppressive and I wasn't crazy about
the all-year-around hot weather as I much prefer the 4 seasons.  I guess the
worst of all is if I'm there, I wouldn't be playing the games I"m playing
now due to heavy censorship (Down w/ Joe Lieberman :P)

BTW, I just bought a copy of import "Dragon Quest 8" used for cheap a couple
of days ago, I'm surprised that there is no voice-over in the original at
all, it's nice that the U.S version took the trouble of giving complete
voice-over to all of the chars in so many scenes (in addition to the
overhaul of the archaic DQ menu interface), most of the cast is british and
Yangus has a cockney accent :)  I acutally played the Eng. DQ8 for like
around 30 hrs, but the one save was accidently erased by my friend..

Rich - well, back to being a lawyer :)