[MA-SOC] utawaremuno

Richard Fung aoshi00 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 19:09:11 EDT 2006

Let me be perfectly clear, it was not my intention to brag or anything.  I'm
only stating facts for what they are, and you seem to be arguing for
argument's sake.  But if I don't say I'm fluent in so and so languages,
people would say "Oh, who the hell are you to judge if a sub is correct?"

And pls, don't have the misconception that anime is this revered medium, and
harder to translate the classic literatures or the "Bible", wouldn't it be
demeaning to compare their status?  In Japan, regular/normal people don't
want anime.  Only otakus do.  You tell a Jpn guy "Cowboy Bepop", he's like
"Cow who?"  If you're talking about classics like Doraemon, Sazae-san,
Dragonball, then yes, Jpn people would not look at you strange.

At the end of the day, anga/anime is an entertainment (and make no mistake,
I'm very fond of it, otherwise I would've have started learning Japanese
when I was 13),  nothing more and nothing less.  And I certainly appreciate
the art aspect of it, because I'm quite an artist myself if you allow to say
so.

Rich