[MA-SOC] utawaremuno

Richard Fung aoshi00 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 18:58:58 EDT 2006

I'm at work now an am not at the liberty of writing long pointless
speeches.. just get this, you're like a guy who's never been on a
battlefield telling a veteran solider how to freaking kill people in war,
and the guy who's gone nuts in a retired home laughs at you. *sigh*
Americans' ego and stubbornness..

Just curious, just what the heck are these "ancient" and "modern" languages
are you talking about?  What don't you just simply say, eg. "I'm fluent in
German, French, Spanish", what have you?
I've taken 2 years of Latin in high school too, so what, I dont talk about
it because I'm not proficient enough in that language to "brag".  I always
find it funny when people talk about how many years of French or Spanish
they've taken in school, yet they can't even understand those languages
orally, even a simple converstaion, let alone speaking it.

As for complaining on bad sub, um.. you never did it?  Hell, I've listened
to all of you guys make fun and complain about HK English sub endlessyly.
The English sub on those DVDs are secondary, the primary sub in Chinese is
accurate and they throw in the Eng. for free, so why complain?  If people
think the sub is so stupid, I always ask them to just turn off the sub and
watch it in RAW if they're so knowledgeable, same idea.

I never said translation is easy, but it's not "impossible" like you said.
Like Dan eloquently summed up, some groups do a good job of 75%-80%
accuracy, some 80%-90%, some 90%-~100%.. I just found the ones w/ lots of
mistakes an eyesore, because as soon as I hear what's said, I knew it's just
plain wrong, and I"m not talking about if ghetto speech pattern is presented
correctly.

Well, tell me which language other than English you speak on a daily basis
that makes you so higher than thou to lecture me.  I speak Mandarin and
English fluenlty, both of which are not my mother tongue and required long
years of dedictation and preserverance, because my aim to to speak them like
a native.  I can converse w/ Japanese people, but not as fluently as my
Chinese and English because I don't speak it everyday, but I can read Jpn
newspapers and magaiznes fine.  BTW, trust me, reading manga is much much
much easier than reading Jpn novels (say, Natsume Souseki's)

Lastly, people accused me (who's multi-lingual, both written and orally, no
easy task to achieve btw) not being qualified to judge, but you are, Mandisa
is?  Come on, just use some common sense, give me a break :)

Rich