[MA-SOC] This Sunday (was Tonight's Dinner) Re: Tonight's dinner

Ann Wagner mshenna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 18:56:43 EDT 2006

We were there Saturday.  Lots of construction in the shops area -- also,
bathrooms were closed (temporarily, for repair) at the supermarket/food
court, so we got all too extensive a look at the construction, since there
were long lines of people waiting for a couple of substitute bathrooms among
the planks.  Bookstore might be losing some space, but not sure.  Mars New
York was its usual chaotic self (very strange merchandise mix) but seemed to
be doing well; the other shops were quiet (I've never seen a soul in a
couple of them).  Mitsuwa itself (i.e., the grocery store) was busy.  The
food court continues to slide downhill -- bubble tea place has been replaced
by Ito-En & its bottled tea, for example.  The mall now has free valet
parking, for those who do not come by bus.

Ann