[MA-SOC] Dinner suggestion for after Maui Tacos (tomorrow, 08/13)

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 19:04:51 EDT 2006

Kombanwa, mina-san!

Looking forward to seeing y'all at Maui Tacos tomorrow.  Especially  looking
forward to congratulating Danielle-chan on her new apartment and her  upcoming
birthday (14 August)!

Since there is always a major debate about Where To Eat After The  Screening,
I'd like to submit my suggestion in advance:

_http://www.compasscompass.com/aditps.asp?lang=2&type=400&id=91256_
(http://www.compasscompass.com/aditps.asp?lang=2&type=400&id=91256)

Seoul Garden (a.k.a. Natural Tofu) is one of NYC's best kept secrets,  mainly
because it's above eye-level on the 2nd floor of a nondescript  building.
However, on a tip from our own wonderful Woo Park  (*gamsahamnida*, Woo!), I
tried it and fell in love with the place.  Been  there three times, and haven't
been disappointed yet.  It is probably the  lowest-priced of all the
full-service Korean restaurants in the City, and the  amount of food you get for the
price is awesome.  Everything is fresh and  delicious, service is friendly and
welcoming, and the place is open till the wee  small hours of the morning.

The only criticism I can think of is that the chef apparently thinks that
squid and octopus are vegetables (every time I order the Vegetarian Creamy Tofu
Soup, it comes with some kind of cephalopod on the side).  But since I do
eat seafood -- and since a strict vegi could just order it sans cephs -- IMHO
that isn't really a big problem.  And for the devout carnivores in the  group,
there are enough red-meat dishes to keep them very, very happy (and  not just
BBQ either).

So, those are my 2 yen (won?) re after-screening dinner.  Take them  with a
grain of salt, or chili pepper.... but do think about it,  onegaishimasu.

Your Burukkurin buddy,
The Jillster

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS  ADERIT