[MA-SOC] Jump Super Stars (DS)

Ofer Hirsch Gill ohg200 at nyu.edu
Thu Jul 28 11:59:13 EDT 2005

Ah yes, the absence of a headphones port in the GBA SP... Before my
DS, I got a $7 adapter from Jandaman that plugs into the recharger
port so that I can use regular headphones with my SP. The only trouble
is that you can't use headphones and recharge batteries at the same
time. (And the SP adapters that let you use regular headphones and
recharge at the same time have poor headphone sound quality...) Good
thing DS has its own headphones port separate of the recharger...
Although I could never figure out what that rectangular slot next to
the headphones port was. Do you plug a microphone into it? Is it for
outputting your DS screens to a TV? Why does it resemble the slightly
larger rectangular port on the PSP used to plug in Sony's proprietory
headphones?

Also, my bottom DS screen protector also doesn't completely cover the
whole screen (so I leave a very tinsy bit on the bottom uncovered -
most of my DS games use the top portion of the touch-screen more
anyhow). My guess for why many screen protectors are like this is
since the bottom screen is elevated deeper than the frame holding it,
it means making a screen protector to cover all of would make it too
difficult to remove it at some later point without damaging the screen
or frame (and no screen protector should be permanent - even a really
good one for my SP got smudges and dust after 6 months, calling for it
to be replaced...).

- Ofer