[MA-SOC] Jump Super Stars (DS)

Richard Fung aoshi00 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 01:06:12 EDT 2005

There may finally be a reason for me to get a DS (maybe in the new red color
to go w/ my GBA SP?)

Jump Super Stars (DS) out on 8/8
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ajsj/index.html

I remember there was a Super Jump Stars game back in the late 80's on the
Famicom/NES, but I never got the chance to play it.  From the description,
it seems like the gameplay is similar to the GBA Kingdom Hearts Chain of
Memories, real-time battles determined w/ a deck of prepared cards, except
w/ way awesome graphics and the interesting use of the touch pad , not to
mention over 150 selectable characters from 27 of the most popular manga in
Jump from the last 20 yrs or so.. Pitch the mighty Goku against Yagami Light
& Shinigami Ryuk from "Death Note", never thought I could see that!
Actually I was tempted to get the game when I saw Kazuki from Busou Renkin
in the ad two months ago.

On a side note, just watched Yakitate!! Japan ep 33 tonight. no spoilers..
when the crazed Suwabara was playing the slot machine toward the end of the
episode, he turned into this buck tooth face for like 2 seconds, it was
actually based on a character from a really old anime "Game Center Arashi",
Ishino Arashi, who's a genius at playing arcade games w/ his god-speed
fingers (http://www.m-sugaya.com/arashi/a-anime.htm) .  Wow, it looks sooooo
old and ugly now, shouldn't have searched it..  in my memory it looked much
better..  I can't believe they slipped that in Yakitate though!

Rich