[MA-SOC] Transformers movie info

Pablo Martinez animecomicsfan at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 01:04:18 EDT 2005

This is official information taken from Comics Continuum:

The live-action Transformers movie has been set to open nationwide on July 4, 2007 it was jointly announced on Wednesday by DreamWorks Pictures, Hasbro and Paramount Pictures.
The feature will be directed by Michael Bay from a screenplay being written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. Steven Spielberg is executive producing the film, with Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto and Don Murphy serving as co-executive producers.
In making the announcement, DreamWorks head of distribution Jim Tharp stated, "Under the direction of Michael Bay, and with Steven Spielberg executive producing, we know that Transformers is going to be the kind of explosive action movie that is perfect for the height of the summer movie season. By staking our claim on the 4th of July, 2007, we ensure that we not only have the time to make this movie the way it should be made, but also to build excitement and awareness leading up to its release."
"Fans around the world have wanted a Transformers live-action movie for a long time and we are thrilled to work with DreamWorks and Paramount to bring this legendary saga to life on the big screen," said Brian Goldner, President of Hasbro's U.S. Toy segment. "With some of the entertainment industry's best talent on board for this film, fans will experience Transformers in a way that is incredibly powerful."
DreamWorks will distribute the film domestically, while Paramount will handle the international release. Hasbro will work with the production team and DreamWorks on all aspects of the film's creative development, marketing and promotions, and will manage merchandising in conjunction with the release of the film.
This week, DreamWorks is making its presence at Comic-Con International in San Diego known in a big way, with a huge 18-wheeler truck sporting the Transformers logo dominating the area near the DreamWorks booth.

Can't wait for 2007.  Spider-Man 3 and Transformers. A great box office combination,

Pablo