[MA-SOC] Otakon 2005

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Fri Aug 26 12:32:40 EDT 2005

Konnichiwa, Erin-san!

Love your new screen name.... Sakaki is a tie with Chiyo-chan for  my fav
AZUMANGA DAIOH character.  Also love your Nausicaa costume,  absolutely on target
(right down to the kawaii squirrel-fox).   How long did it take you to make
it?  Perfect!

Alas, neither Maikeru nor I were able to make it to Otakon this year.   Mike
will probably explain his reasons.  As for Yours Truly, it's  because -- due
to circumstances too convoluted to explain -- Uncle Sam hit  us up for $9000 in
taxes this year.  :-(   So it came down  to a choice between AnimeNext &
Otakon on the one hand, vs. my Japanese  lessons on the other.  Major bummer!
However, we expect (pray!)  circumstances to be better next year, so chances are
I'll make it there in  '06.

Hope to c ya Monday night at MoCCA....

Peace and Pocky,
Jill

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS  ADERIT

In a message dated 8/25/2005 6:22:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,