[MA-SOC] Podcasting (was: Otakon meet-up)

Woo Jae Park wpark at elliottmgmt.com
Sat Aug 6 13:47:09 EDT 2005

J.Q.

Couple of things - anime collecting/viewing is by no means an inexpensive hobby. In fact, it IS an expensive hobby.

And I don't find bootlegs acceptable to view, in general, because the quality is so darned variable (not to mention NONE of that money ever gets back to the creators of the show).
You just have be more selective or use online rental services like netflix or greencine if you don't feel like getting the domestic releases themselves. The boxsets offered by various distributors of anime are pretty awesome in terms of price and sometimes beat bootleggers in price (and definitely in video quality).

In general, I think the right thing to do is to either support them by getting series you truly enjoy, or at least view legit products through rental. Bootlegs in general are a no-no for many reasons (low video quality, highly variable subs, often no dub track (unless is a R1 Bootleg))