[MA-SOC] Otakon meet-up

B Smith ifuritaoni at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 09:30:45 EDT 2005

Let's just put all the cards on the table:

Chances of EVERYONE meeting up as if this was a Maui
Taco event on Fri night or anytime on Sat: -365%.

Chances of some people meeting up for like a quick
lunch at Burger King on like Sunday afternoon: not
impossible.

Chances of meeting a good # of people Thurs night:
reasonable.

Chances of meeting perhaps 1-6 Metro members at a time
for like a 15-45 min meal: most likely.

To date, I've been to Otakon *cough* times and every
last time (especially when cosplaying), I will totally
miss entire groups of friends at a time.  I am
reminded that a few years back I was supposed to be
cosplaying WITH Marilyn and Brian as part of a Magical
Snow Fairy Sugar group and erringly missed them the
ENTIRE convention!  On the other hand, I remember one
Otakon wwaaayyy back where everyone agreed to have Sun
breakfast at some restaurant and a lot of people
actually showed up.

Since Otakon has gotten busier and busier, it's been
harder than ever to coordinate gathering.  It's not
impossible but with everyone pursuing their own
agendas, schedules and friends, don't hold your breath
too long for a strong turn-out.

This is my own opinion, feel free to ignore it
~_~
B Smith