[MA-SOC] Tsunami Relief for Southeast Asia

Oneirophile at aol.com Oneirophile at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 23:11:17 EST 2004

Dear friends,

Below is a notice I received from Plan USA, a very reputable international
charity currently launching extensive relief efforts for the recent disaster in
Southeast Asia, which as you know took as many as 55,000 lives.  I've just
made a contribution, and I'd like to ask my MA buddies to please read the
forwarded notice, copy the link, and consider doing the same.  It doesn't have to be
a huge amount -- every little bit helps.

Thanks for being otaku-angels....
Jill

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

FWD:  Urgent request from Plan USA.

As you've seen in the news, tens of thousands of people in Asia have been
killed by the Tsunami that hit countries around the Indian Ocean on
Sunday. Hundreds of thousands more remain in shock, without shelter, food,
or clean water for their basic survival.

In Sri Lanka, Plan has taken the lead in the relief and recovery efforts.
Plan staff are on the ground, assessing the situation and delivering
relief as much as possible.

But the numbers are staggering. The situation is desperate. WE NEED YOUR HELP.

In order to meet the needs of the tens of thousands of families impacted
by the devastation in Sri Lanka, we need more resources to buy food and
provide shelter and clean water.

And those are just the immediate needs. Plan will also remain on the
ground to help rebuild, putting the pieces back together. But that's down
the road....

Right now, we need to channel resources directly into Hambantota, Sri
Lanka, helping those who are sick and injured and meeting the basic
survival needs of countless children and families.

We need your help. Please go to our website and make a secure online
donation: http://www.planusa.org/tsunami