[MA-SOC] Ixnay on the ontestcay! (was Metro Anime merchandise contest?)

Sean Graham nathan_twist at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 05:39:18 EST 2004

Ok I dig that. So I take it that there is an offical heirarchy or am I wrong? I mean if we are gonna do that we should follow Robert's Rules of Orders ( I think that is the name of the book) I am a member of Heritage of Pride which coordinates the gay and lesbian marches in June.  I was also a student senator of my college. Both use Robert's rules of orders and they run a pretty organized ship. I had no idea that Metro Anime was this old (goddess bless it) but this should have been brought up a long time ago. I am not saying that we should have nothing but meetings about business but, however we should have people in charge of certain thing (volunteery of course) such as CONs and things that go with it such as reminders, searching for hotels/motels and so forth. a treasurer to budget out how much  money we should need as a group for the year. I also don't think it would be a bad idea for some sort of dues. I mean the way I see it we need a certain amount of people to pay for the
 downstairs room at maui tacos. If we are a few people short and no one has the extra cash what would happen if that happens once or twice? With some sort of dues we could be covered.  I kinda see it as insurance. We should also look for other places.  I mean what will happen if we get bigger? I could go on but it's 5:20 a.m. and I need to rest my eyes. But I also remember that there is suppose to be a chairman or co-chairs to oversee everything while delegating responsiblities to others. I don't mean to overstep any bounds but two people could handle this but why? Some of us have more time than others so why not ask people for their time? and if anything shouldn't we all agree on having buttons in the first place much less what kind of button be it cloissenne or otherwise. We are all gonna wear it so why not all of us agree on it? damm it's getting later and later so I am gonna just end this before I am late to work. I aplogize to anybody if I came out harsh in anyway.        Ralph
 Young <ralphyoung at sprintpcs.com> wrote:Umm, the idea for a new set of pins was originally suggested by Michael on
the Metro Workers' mailing list, so if anybody should get those 4 boxes of
pocky, its him.

But, honestly, this contest concept is waaaaaayyyy premature -- Michael and
I are currently exploring the merchandise idea and haven't even decided on a
form for it to take. We are not ready for a contest regarding what we
should put on any merchandise we might make. For somebody else to throw
such a contest, to be operated during one of the showings we organize
(without even asking us first) kind of hijacks our work on multiple fronts.
So, can we shelve the contest for the time being?

Its highly possible that we will do a contest like this at some point; I
sponsored one a year ago for Christmas art to put on our December 2003
meeting flyers (for the record, Pablo was the only person to submit anything
then). But before we do anything along those lines, Michael and I want to
work out some details with respect to the medium we use, economic viability,
etc.

Ralph