[MA-SOC] Ixnay on the ontestcay! (was Metro Anime merchandise contest?)

Ralph Young ralphyoung at sprintpcs.com
Mon Dec 20 23:00:22 EST 2004

Umm, the idea for a new set of pins was originally suggested by Michael on
the Metro Workers' mailing list, so if anybody should get those 4 boxes of
pocky, its him.

But, honestly, this contest concept is waaaaaayyyy premature -- Michael and
I are currently exploring the merchandise idea and haven't even decided on a
form for it to take.  We are not ready for a contest regarding what we
should put on any merchandise we might make.  For somebody else to throw
such a contest, to be operated during one of the showings we organize
(without even asking us first) kind of hijacks our work on multiple fronts.
So, can we shelve the contest for the time being?

Its highly possible that we will do a contest like this at some point; I
sponsored one a year ago for Christmas art to put on our December 2003
meeting flyers (for the record, Pablo was the only person to submit anything
then).  But before we do anything along those lines, Michael and I want to
work out some details with respect to the medium we use, economic viability,
etc.

Ralph