[MA-SOC] Metro Anime merchandise?

Sean Graham nathan_twist at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 00:16:09 EST 2004

Pins sound real cool maybe a jacket as well or a t-shirt. I would love a commerative pin.

Oneirophile at aol.com wrote:In a message dated 12/19/2004 8:56:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ralphyoung at sprintpcs.com writes:
Metro Anime has been something of a second family to me in the ten years I've
lived in New York.

I feel the same way about you guys, even though I'm a comparatively new
(elderly) addition to the "family".... ^_^

Since 2005 is going to mark our ten-year anniversary (counting from the
meetings at the School of Visual Arts; Metro met less formally as early as 1994), I
thought it might be cool to make something tangible to commemorate the
occasion.

Fantastic idea! T-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, and/or baseball caps with a
newly designed logo ("Metro Anime 10th Anniversary 1995-2005" and some cool
grafix) would be super, and if you'd like to make a profit we might be able to open
an online store on the Cafe Press site

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/

which is specifically for that sort of creative promotional merchandise.

My thought is, if I were to do such a thing and it actually made a profit, I
would dedicate the same to help pay for a big anniversary party in 2005.
However, I would rather hear if people would actually want such memorabilia for
themselves rather than as a fund-raising donation.

IMHO we could get the best of both worlds by merchandising the shirts, mugs,
and caps on the Cafe Press site to the public for profit, while having a new
set of cloisonne pins with the anniversary logo made specially for ourselves.
The price you proposed sounds pretty reasonable for a spiffy, durable pin that
we could wear to meetings, film events, cons, etc.

And using any profits for a big anniversary bash would be GREAT! So, count
me in.

Peace and Pocky,
The Jillster

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT