[ACML] Facebook & Events

Claudine Roselle Puente crpsaiyan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 13:45:55 EST 2012

Actually, I've seen lots of mini conventions use Facebook to promote their event.  Take Anime Destiny, which is held on the UC Berkeley campus, for example.  Although they post things on their website, they know how to get their audience.  Facebook is one of the most popular social networking services out there with the current generation of anime fans, and what better way to promote an event than to use that website?  This is a rough estimate, and I could be wrong, but about 80% of the attendees learned about Anime Destiny through the Facebook page.  Of course, that doesn't mean that we should JUST USE the Facebook page to promote the con.  No, no, no, you should STILL have a website for additional information and the like.  Anyway, that's just my opinion. *shrugs*