[ACML] Children's Law

heerosan heero at sprintmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:31:01 EDT 2011

> Not a lawyer, so there's your disclaimer, but by my reading of this would
> key on this phrase:
>
> "primarily engaged in providing activities or programs to children 18 years
> of age or less, ".
>
> Most conventions have an average attendee age over 18, and thus wouldn't
> fall into that category, correct?

Have you checked your demographics?  I'd peg the AVERAGE convention attendee age around 17 probably, considering the heavy weighting in the 14-17 demo.  I'd say the "core" demographic for cons now is the 14-20 range.

-Greg

(Ushicon is an "exception" case since we restrict to 18+, but we still go to other conventions)