[ACML] The Gluttony of conventions and their failures...

bekkaalice at yahoo.com bekkaalice at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 13:15:47 EST 2006

Honestly, the way things are going, if you want to
stay small I'd say enforce an attendance cap and don't
advertise.  Otherwise unless you do a horribly bad job
of running the con, you'll probably increase in size.
And even some cons that I've heard have had an
occasional awful year have still grown the next time
out - unless they establish a major track record of
awfulness, the fandom community as a whole (vs.
strident individuals) is amazingly forgiving of
errors.